Overview of Dashboard Objects
Managing objects on the Dashboard canvas are very simple. Objects can be moved by drag-and-drop, and there are guidelines to assist the positioning of the objects. Objects can also be stretched by using the control on the edges of the object. The ‘title’ for each object can be edited using the ‘Set Style’ configuration.
Right click on an object to several menus related to the object.
- Set Value – modify the data and threshold settings for the object.
- Set Style – modify the style settings for the object. Note that style is not supported in some objects.
- Copy – create a copy of the object, which can be pasted to an empty area on the canvas.
- Paste – paste the copied object.
- Bring to Front – adjust the Z value of the object, bringing the object on top of other overlaying objects.
- Send to Back – adjust the Z value of the object, pushing the object behind other overlaying objects.
- Delete – delete the object from the canvas.
Although some objects do not have identical settings for their ‘Set Value’, below is a typical configuration screen for objects that display data.
Data Type – there are 4 possible data types to choose from.
- Agents – connects with CyDesk to obtain real-time agent information.
- Queues – connects with CyDesk to obtain real-time queue information.
- CyReport Statistics – connects to CyReport and run the statistics created with CyReport.
- Custom Statistics – connects to an ODBC data source to run a query or stored procedure.
Display Format – there are 4 display modes available.
- Number – basic numeric value e.g. 303.
- Percentage % – adds the percentage symbol to the value.
- HH:MM:SS – assumes the value is in seconds and converts it to hours, minutes and seconds.
- MM:SS – assumes the value is in seconds and converts it to minutes and seconds.
Maximum Value – set the upper limit, applicable when the object contains a gauge e.g. Progress Bar and Speedo.
Minimum Value – set the lower limit, applicable when the object contains a graph e.g. Progress Bar and Speedo.
Statistic Type: Agents – select one of the statistics in the list then click on the three dots (…) button to select the CyDesk agents to be monitored.
Statistic Type: Queue – select one of the statistics in the list then click on the three dots (…) button to select the queue to be monitored.
Statistic Type: CyReport Statistics – select one of the CyReport statistics in the list.
Statistic Type: Custom Statistics – select the configured ODBC data source from the list then click on the three dots (…) button to configure the custom query.
- Refresh Interval(s) – specify how frequent the Dashboard should check for new update on the statistic selected.
- Edit Thresholds – configure alert and notifications when a particular value has been reached in this object. To enter the threshold configuration screen, click on the three dots icon (…).
There is no limit to the number of thresholds that can be added per object. The value that must be met can be modified by clicking on it. Each level serves as a ‘greater than’ range to the level above it.
In this example, the color of the object will be blue if the value is >= 0 and < 10.
There are other actions that can be performed when a level is reached. Click on the three dots (…) icon beside a level to open the configuration screen.
- Color – change the color of the object.
- Sound – play an audio file once or continuously. The file can be selected from using the three dots (…) icon next to it.
- Email to – an email notification can be sent to a destination. The email will also contain the statistic type set to the object and level / value reached.
- SMS to – an SMS notification can also be sent. This requires CySMS module.
List of Objects and Styles